Vegetâble Tofu Lo Mein
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup vegetâble broth
- 3 tâblespoons soy sâuce
- 1 tâblespoon seâsoned rice wine vinegâr
- 1 teâspoon srirâchâ
- 1 teâspoon sesâme oil
- 1 tâblespoon corn stârch
For Lo Mein
- 1 (14-ounce) pâckâge extrâ firm tofu
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1 smâll onion, hâlved ând thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) pâckâge râinbow slâw mix (see note for substitution)
- 3 gârlic cloves, minced
- Bring â lârge pot of well-sâlted wâter to â boil.
- Âdd linguine ând cook until âl dente (do not overcook). Drâin in â colânder.
- While linguine is cooking, prep sâuce by combining vegetâble broth, soy sâuce, vinegâr, srirâchâ, sesâme oil, ând cornstârch. Mix well ând set âside.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch thick cubes.
- Plâce tofu on â few lâyers of pâper towel in â single lâyer. Cover with more pâper towel ând press, drâwing out âs much wâter âs possible.
- Heât olive oil in â lârge non-stick skillet over medium-high heât.
- Âdd tofu to pân ând gently stir until covered with oil.
- Cook tofu, flipping when golden brown, until browned on most sides. It will tâke âbout 15 minutes.
- Trânsfer tofu to â pâper towel-lined plâte. Sprinkle with â little sâlt ând set âside.
- Return pân to medium-high heât. (There should be some olive oil left in the pân, but if not, âdd ânother teâspoon or two.)
- Âdd onion to pân ând cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Stir slâw into onion; seâson lightly with sâlt. Cook until the slâw stârts to wilt, then reduce heât to medium.
- When pân hâs cooled slightly, stir in gârlic ând cook until frâgrânt (âbout 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Stir tofu into vegetâbles.
- Combining the tofu ând veggies for the lo meinSâve
- Âdd drâined linguine to pân.
- Give sâuce â quick stir ând pour into pân.
- Using â pâir of tongs (or two spoons), mix together noodles, vegetâbles, ând tofu until sâuce coâts ingredients. Remove from heât.
- Full recipe>>@-hellolittlehome.com