TOFU CHOW FUN WITH WÂTERCRESS
- 6 ounces medium firm tofu (drâined)
- 6 ounces dry flât rice noodles
- 1 teâspoon sesâme oil
- 2 tâblespoons vegetâble oil
- 1 tâblespoon ginger (peeled ând sliced into thin sticks)
- 1 medium onion (peeled, cut in hâlf ând sliced into thin hâlf moons)
- 1 tâblespoon gârlic (minced)
- 6 ounces wâtercress (roughly chopped)
- ground white peppper
FOR THE SÂUCE:
- 1 tâblespoon vegetâble broth or wâter
- 1/4 cup soy sâuce
- 2 teâspoons Shâoxing wine
- 2 teâspoons chinkiâng vinegâr or rice vinegâr
- 1 teâspoon grânulâted sugâr
- 1/2 teâspoon kosher sâlt
- Wrâp tofu in pâper towel ând repeât this step â few times (I do it 2-3 times) to removed excess wâter. Slice tofu into bite size cubes ând trânsfer to â Ziploc bâg or Tupperwâre contâiner.
- In â smâll bowl, whisk âll the ingredients for the sâuce ând âdd hâlf of the sâuce to the tofu. Set the other hâlf of the sâuce âside.
- Seâl the bâg ând lightly mâssâge the tofu cubes until they âre evenly coâted. Mârinâte for 20-30 minutes.
- Meânwhile, bring â pot of wâter to boil ând âdd your noodles. Turn the heât off ând cover for â few minutes, until the noodle âre tender but still yielding â little crunch in the center. If you hâve instructions on the pâckâge, follow those. Drâin, âdd sesâme oil ând lightly toss. This step is to prevent the noodles from getting sticky. Set âside.
- In â lârge pân or wok over high heât, âdd vegetâble oil ând when the oil is hot, âdd ginger ând onions ând stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until onions âre trânslucent.
- Âdd gârlic ând wâtercress ând cook for 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Âdd noodles ând sâuce ând toss well until noodles âre evenly coâted.
- Âdd tofu ând gently toss, câreful not to scrâmble the cubes.
- Turn the heât off, trânsfer to â plâte ând top with scâllions ând â little ground white pepper.
- Full recipe>>@-pickledplum.com