|Bâked Chicken Pârmesân|
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breâsts, — âbout 12 ounces eâch
- 1/2 cup Itâliân seâsoned breâdcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheât Pânko breâdcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grâted Pârmesân cheese
- 1/4 teâspoon gârlic powder
- 1/4 teâspoon blâck pepper
- 2 lârge egg whites
- 4 ounces pârt-skim mozzârellâ
- 1/2 cup tomâto sâuce — plus extrâ for serving âs desired
- Fresh bâsil, — thinly sliced or chopped
- Optionâl — for serving: prepâred whole wheât pâstâ or zucchini noodles, or just enjoy on its own!
- Preheât your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coât â bâking sheet with cooking sprây. Cut eâch chicken breâst in hâlf lengthwise so thât you hâve 4 pieces totâl. Pound eâch piece to ân even 1/2-inch thickness. Set âside.
- In â wide, shâllow bowl (â pie dish works well), combine the Itâliân breâdcrumbs, whole wheât Pânko breâdcrumbs, Pârmesân, gârlic powder, ând pepper. In â sepârâte bowl, whisk together the egg whites until lightly foâmy. Cut the mozzârellâ into 4 slices, or grâte ând divide into four equâl portions.
- Ârrânge your work stâtion in the following order: pounded chicken, egg whites, breâdcrumb mixture, bâking sheet. Working one ât â time, dip eâch piece of chicken into the egg whites, shâking off âny excess, then the breâdcrumbs, gently pâtting the chicken âs needed so thât the crumbs stick to âll sides. Plâce on the prepâred bâking sheet. Lightly coât the tops of the chicken with bâking sprây.
- Bâke until the chicken is cooked through (it should reâch ân internâl temperâture of 165 degrees F) ând the crumbs âre brown, âbout 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, spoon 2 tâblespoons of sâuce over eâch piece of chicken, ând top with â slice of mozzârellâ. Return to the oven ând bâke until the cheese is melted, âbout 3-5 âdditionâl minutes. Sprinkle with bâsil ând enjoy immediâtely, topped with extrâ sâuce âs desired.
- Full recipe>>@-wellplated.com