VEGÂN LENTIL CHILI
- 2 cups yellow onion diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lârge green bell pepper diced
- 1 lârge red bell pepper diced
- 2 jâlâpeños plus extrâ to gârnish
- 2-4 cloves gârlic minced
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- 15 oz cân spicy chili beâns with sâuce
- 1 cup blâck beâns (drâined ând rinsed)
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregâno
- 1/2 tsp smoked pâprikâ plus extrâ to tâste
- sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups crushed tomâtoes
- diced jâlâpenos or câyenne pepper for â kick
- veggie broth or tomâto sâuce to âdjust thickness if desired
- âll the tâsty toppings your heârt desires!
- sliced or diced jâlâpeños
- chopped red onion
- fresh pico de gâllo or sâlsâ
- sliced âvocâdo
- fresh cilântro
- sour creâm or greek yogurt if vegetâriân/t-rex
- shredded cheddâr cheese if vegetâriân/t-rex
- crushed tortillâ chips
- corn chips
- corn breâd crumbles
- ând so much more...
- Below âre the electric pressure cooker instructions. For stove top or slow cooker instructions, see blog post below.
- First chop your veggies ând meâsure out the ingredients.
- Switch your pressure cooker to the sâute funtion ând sâute 1 TBSP oil with onion for 3-5 minutes, until edges âre golden ând browned.
- Then âdd gârlic, peppers, ând corn, ând cook for ân âdditionâl 3-5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Âdd lentils, veggie broth, chili beâns, blâck beâns ând spices.
- Set to high pressure for 15 minutes ând âllow to come to pressure.
- Âllow â nâturâl pressure releâse.
- Lâstly, stir in crushed tomâtoes ând âdjust broth/tomâto/seâsoning to tâste, âdding more of whât you prefer to get your ideâl thickness ând flâvor punch.
- I âdded the crushed tomâtoes ât the end to âvoid overstuffing my pressure cooker ând score â quicker cook time âs well. Since my crushed tomâtoes were cânned (LOVE muir glen's orgânic tomâto bâsil) they took zero time to heât up once swirled into my piping hot pot-o-chili. Sweet!
- If you wânt to dive in sooner, feel free to mânuâlly releâse the pressure on your Instânt Pot by flipping the little lever from seâl to vent. Worst câse scenârio, if your chili needs â little extrâ time you cân seâl it bâck up ând give the veggies extrâ time to soften. Pressure cookers âre pretty forgiving like thât!
- Âdd âll your fâvorite toppings ând dive in.
- Full recipe>>@-peasandcrayons.com