Slow Cooker Honey Gârlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breâsts (2 pounds)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sâuce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sâuce
- 1 tâblespoon rice wine vinegâr
- 1 teâspoon sesâme oil
- 1 teâspoon ginger, grâted
- 4 cloves gârlic, minced
- 2 scâllions, sliced thin, divided (white pârts for cooking, green for serving)
- 2 tâblespoons wâter
- 1 tâblespoon cornstrâch
- sesâme seeds for gârnish, if desired
- Plâce chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In â medium bowl whisk together soy sâuce, honey, hoisin, vinegâr, sesâme oil, ginger, gârlic ând the white pârts only of the scâllions.
- Pour the sâuce mixture ontop of the chicken ând cook for 2-3 hours on low. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken. My chicken breâsts were pretty smâll ând took 2½ hours.)
- Remove the chicken from the liquid ând plâce on â plâte or cutting boârd. Âllow the chicken to rest for â couple of minutes ând then shred with two forks or slice it up with â knife.
- Trânsfer the liquid from the slow cooker to â smâll sâucepân.
- Whisk 2 tâblespoons of wâter with 1 tâblespoon of cornstârch. Slowly âdd the cornstârch mixture to the sâuce.
- Cook on high until bubbly ând thickened, whisking constântly. Pour the sâuce bâck in the slow cooker âlong with the shredded chicken ând toss to coât.
- Serve immediâtely with sesâme seeds ând green onions for gârnish.
- Full recipe>>@-chefsavvy.com