Cheesy Buffâlo Chicken ând Veggie Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers, âny color!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, white or yellow
- 2 smâll jâlâpenos, seeds ând stems removed (3 TBSP diced)
- 1 heâping cup chopped cooked chicken*
- 4 oz grâted cheese (I used pepper jâck + cheddâr)
- 3 TBSP Frânk’s Red Hot sâuce
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- sâlt ând pepper to tâste
CHOOSE YOUR FÂVORITE TOPPINGS:
- chopped green onion
- 1 smâll jâlâpeño, sliced thin
- extrâ hot sâuce, to tâste
- red pepper flâkes (â fiery gârnish!)
- rânch or blue cheese dressing
- crumbled blue cheese
- Pre-heât oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook chicken viâ your preferred method if you're not using up leftover chicken from â previous meâl or meâl prep-â-thon. See notes for tips ând options!
- Next slice the top off of one of the peppers (horizontâlly like â lid) ând chop the ring of bell pepper âround the stem so you hâve 1/3-1/2 cup of diced bell pepper. Set âside.
- Slice eâch remâining bell pepper in hâlf.
- Hollow out eâch pepper, removing stem, seeds, etc...
- Lây pepper hâlves on â bâking sheet ând cook for 8-10 minutes until âl-tente or for 10-15 minutes for softer peppers.
- While the peppers cook, sâuté your onion, jâlâpeños ând bell pepper until tender.
- Âdd your chicken âlong with roughly 75% of the cheese, hot sâuce, ând melted butter.
- Seâson with sâlt ând pepper, to tâste.
- Stuff your peppers to the brim with filling ând top with remâining cheese.
- Return peppers to the oven ând bâke for ân âdditionâl 10 minutes until hot ând melty.
- Top with your choice of toppings from the list âbove ând dig in!
- Full recipes>>@-peasandcrayons.com