SKINNY CÂJUN SHRIMP ÂLFREDO PÂSTÂ
- 8 ounces (225g) pâstâ (I used linguine, use whâtever you like)
- 1 pound shrimp (shelled)
- 2 teâspoons olive oil
- 3 teâspoons câjun seâsoning
- 2 tâblespoons unsâlted butter
- 2 cloves gârlic, minced
- 2 tâblespoons âll-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 teâspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teâspoon dried oregâno
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1/4 teâspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded pârmesân cheese
- Cook the pâstâ âccording to the pâckâge directions in â lârge pot of boiling wâter. Drâin.
- Meânwhile, heât â non-stick skillet over medium heât. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil ând the câjun seâsoning. Âdd the shrimp to the skillet ând cook for âbout 4 minutes, flipping once, until they âre completely pink. Set âside ând keep wârm.
- In â medium sâucepân, over medium heât, melt the butter. Âdd the gârlic ând cook, stirring for âbout 30 seconds, until frâgrânt. Whisk in the flour, ând cook, whisking constântly, until it is lightly browned, âbout 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring until it is incorporâted ând smooth. Âdd the thyme, oregâno, sâlt, pepper ând pârmesân ând whisk continuously for 3-4 minutes until the sâuce hâs thickened slightly. Reduce the heât to â low simmer until the pâstâ is reâdy.
- Toss together the pâstâ ând âlfredo sâuce ând serve with the câjun shrimp on top. Gârnish with pârsley ând âdditionâl pârmesân if desired.
- Full recipe>>@-bake-eat-repeat.com