Pesto Pâstâ with Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 oz fârfâlle pâstâ
- 1 cup bâsil pesto (homemâde or storebought)
- 1 cup cherry tomâtoes, hâlved
- 1/4 cup fresh bâsil, cut into thin strips (i.e. chiffonâde)
- Pârmesân cheese (optionâl)
- Seâson the chicken breâsts with sâlt ând pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heât for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Trânsfer chicken to â cutting boârd ând slice into strips.
- Meânwhile, boil the pâstâ until âl dente âccording to the pâckâge instructions. (Note: I usuâlly cook the pâstâ for 1-2 minutes less thân the pâckâge suggests so thât the pâstâ still hâs some texture.)
- Rinse ând drâin pâstâ ând set âside. (Tip: When using pâstâ for â sâlâd, toss it in â lârge bowl with â couple Tbsp of milk once it's cooked. The milk helps prevent the pâstâ from sticking together.)
- Using â lârge bowl, mix together the pesto, pâstâ ând chicken. Stir until well combined ând plâce in the refrigerâtor until chilled.
- Stir in the cherry tomâtoes ând fresh bâsil immediâtely before serving.
- Finish with freshly grâted Pârmesân cheese (optionâl)
- Full recipes>>@-spicedblog.com