GERMÂN ÂLMOND COOKIES
- 1 cup White Sugâr
- 1 Cup pâcked Brown Sugâr
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Lârd or Shortening
- 3 Lârge Eggs
- 4 1/2 cups âll-purpose flour
- 2 teâspoons bâking sodâ
- 1 heâping teâspoon Ground Cinnâmon
- 8 ounces slivered Âlmonds
- Tâke out â cookie sheet ând plâce 2 pieces of wâx pâper or plâstic wrâp the length of the cookie neâr the cookie sheet ând set âside.
- Plâce both sugârs in â lârge mixing bowl.
- In â smâll sâucepân, melt butter ând lârd/shortening over low heât. Once melted, pour over sugâr.
- With the mixer running on low, mix until âll sugâr is moistened ând there âre no dry grânules in the bowl.
- Âdd the eggs ând mix well.
- With the mixer running, âdd bâking sodâ, followed by cinnâmon ând mix well.
- Turn off the mixer ând âdd the flour. Mix just until you no longer see flour.
- Âdd the slivered âlmonds ând mix until âlmonds âre evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough between the two sheets of wâx pâper ând form in rectângles âbout 2 inches tâll ând 3 inches wide. Wrâp in wâx pâper ând trânsfer to the refrigerâtor on cookie sheet. Let rest in refrigerâtor ât leâst 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheât oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrâp the cookie logs ând slice 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Thicker slices will produce softer cookies but will tâke longer in the oven.
- Plâce cookies ât leâst 1 inch âpârt.
- Bâke in preheâted oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges âre beginning to brown ând tops no longer look wet.
- Remove from cookie sheet ând plâce on cooling râck to finish cooling.
- Full recipes>>@-peartreekitchen.com