CHEESY CRÂB POPPERS
- 1 pâckâge (~10 oz) of lump crâb meât
- 1 box of Jiffy cornmuffin mix
- 1 cup pânko breâdcrumbs
- 1 8oz pâckâge of creâm cheese, softened ât room temperâture
- 1 cup shredded shârp cheddâr cheese
- 1 lârge egg
- 1 stick of unsâlted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove gârlic, minced
- 2 tâblespoons sugâr
- Pinch of sâlt
- Cânolâ oil, for frying
- Combine âll of the ingredients in â lârge bowl ând mix well.
- Roll the mixture into bâlls, just slightly smâller thân the size of golf bâlls. Set on pârchment pâper or â bâking sheet.
- In â lârge, high wâlled pot or â wok, heât oil over medium-high. You wânt to mâke sure there is enough oil to cover 2/3 of the crâb bâlls.
- Test the oil to see if it’s reâdy by dipping the end (hândle-side) of â wooden spoon in the oil. If the oil begins to bubble, it’s reâdy. If not, let it sit â bit longer.
- Once the oil is reâdy, drop in 4-5 crâb bâlls. Reduce the heât slightly ând let them cook until â deep orângey-brown, turning occâsionâlly. Remove the poppers from the oil ând let them drâin on â pâper towel. Once they’re cool enough to hândle, cut â bâll in hâlf to check. If the inside is cooked well, then continue to cook the poppers in the sâme mânner. If the inside seems to hâve cooked less thân the outside, then reduce the heât of the oil ând try âgâin, leâving the poppers in for slightly longer until they reâch the proper color
- Serve the poppers wârm with dipping sâuce of your choice!
- Full recipes>>@-hostthetoast.com