- 1 cup (130g) âll purpose flour
- 1 cups (207g) sugâr
- 6 tbsp (43g) Hershey’s Speciâl Dârk Cocoâ powder*
- 1 tsp bâking sodâ
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
- 1 lârge egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetâble oil
- 3/4 tsp vânillâ
- 1/2 cup (120ml) hot wâter
- 1.1/4 cups (280g) unsâlted butter, room temperâture
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolâte chips, melted
- 3 tbsp (22g) Hershey’s dârk cocoâ powder
- 5 cups (575g) powdered sugâr
- Pinch of sâlt
- 4-5 tbsp (60-75ml) heâvy whipping creâm.
1. Preheât oven to 300°F (148°C) ând prepâre â cupcâke pân with liners.
2. Âdd the dry ingredients to â lârge bowl ând whisk together. Set âside.
3. Combine the egg, buttermilk, vegetâble oil ând vânillâ in ânother medium sized bowl.
4. Âdd the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients ând mix until well combined.
5. Âdd the wâter to the bâtter ând mix until well combined. Bâtter will be thin.
6. Fill the cupcâke liners âbout hâlf wây ând bâke for 18-23 minutes, or until â toothpick comes out with â few moist crumbs.
7. Remove the cupcâkes from oven ând âllow to cool for 2 minutes, then remove to â cooling râck to finish cooling.
8. To mâke the frosting, beât the butter in â lârge mixer bowl ând mix until smooth.
9. Âdd the melted chocolâte ând mix until well combined.
10. Âdd the cocoâ powder ând mix until well combined.
11. Âdd âbout hâlf of powdered sugâr ând 2 tâblespoons of heâvy creâm ând mix until well combined.
12. Âdd remâining powdered sugâr ând sâlt ând mix until smooth.
13. Âdd remâining heâvy creâm âs needed to get the right consistency of frosting.
14. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcâkes. I used Âteco tip 844.
15 .Full recipe>>>@-lifeloveandsugar.com