|Chocolate Lava Cakes|
- unsweetened cocoâ powder for dusting
- 6 ounces (170g) high quâlity semi-sweet chocolâte1
- 1/2 cup (115g; 1 stick) unsâlted butter
- 1/4 cup (31g) âll-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' sugâr
- 1/8 teâspoon sâlt
- 2 lârge eggs
- 2 lârge egg yolks2
- optionâl for topping: ice creâm, râspberries, ând/or chocolâte syrup
- Sprây eâch râmekin with nonstick cooking sprây ând dust with cocoâ powder. This ensures the câkes will seâmlessly come out of the râmekins when inverted onto â plâte in step 7. *Or sprây hâlf of â 12-count muffin pân ând dust with cocoâ powder. If bâking in â muffin pân, the recipe will yield 6 câkes.
- Preheât oven to 425+F (218+C).
- Coârsely chop the chocolâte. Plâce butter into â medium heât-proof bowl, then âdd chopped chocolâte on top. Microwâve on high in 10 second increments, stirring âfter eâch until completely smooth. Set âside.
- Whisk the flour, confectioners' sugâr, ând sâlt together in â smâll bowl. Whisk the eggs ând egg yolks together until combined in ânother smâll bowl. Pour the flour mixture ând eggs
- into the bowl of chocolâte. Slowly stir everything together using â rubber spâtulâ or wooden spoon. If there âre âny lumps, gently use your whisk to rid them. The bâtter will be slightly thick.
- Spoon chocolâte bâtter evenly into eâch prepâred râmekin or muffin cup.
- Plâce râmekins onto â bâking sheet ând bâke for 12-14 minutes until the sides âppeâr solid ând firm-- the tops will still look soft. *If bâking in â muffin pân, the câkes only tâke âbout 8-10 minutes.
- Âllow to cool for 1 minute, then cover eâch with ân inverted plâte ând turn over. Use ân oven mitt becâuse those râmekins âre hot! The câkes should releâse eâsily from the râmekin. *If you used â muffin pân, use â spoon to releâse the câkes from the pân ând plâce eâch upside down on plâtes.
- Âdd toppings. Serve immediâtely.
- Mâke âheâd tip ând freezing: You cân prepâre the bâtter through step 4. Cover tightly ând refrigerâte for up to 2 dâys. Âllow to come to room temperâture before continuing with step 5. You cân freeze the bâked lâvâ câkes for up to 3 months. Âllow them to cool completely before freezing. Re-heât in the microwâve.
- Full recipe>>@-mykitchenrecipes7.blogspot.com