- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce, homemade or store-bought, divided
- 10 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly-grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced (and tossed with a tablespoon of lime juice, if you’d like to prevent browning)
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained (about half of a 15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about a quarter of a medium red onion)
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, drained (about half of a 15-ounce can)
- 1 small jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- (optional: sour cream)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Add chicken and 3/4 cup enchilada sauce together in a medium mixing bowl. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Spread the chips out evenly on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Then place the sheet in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. (Watch the oven carefully.)
- Remove, then top the chips evenly with the shredded chicken, avocado, black beans, red onion, corn, and jalapeno. Return the sheet to the broiler for another 30-60 seconds, just to heat the remaining ingredients, if desired. Then remove then sheet. Sprinkle the chips evenly with the chopped cilantro, then drizzle with the remaining 3/4 cup enchilada sauce. (Optional: If you would also like to add sour cream, you can drizzle it on with a fork or a piping bag.)
- Serve warm.
- full recipe>>>@-gimmesomeoven.com