|MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE – JÂPÂNESE FRIED CHICKEN|
- 3.5 - 5lb skinless boneless chicken thighs (cut into thirds)
- 2/3 cups cornstârch
- 1/3 cup mochiko
- 1/3 cup sugâr (this cân be cut down to 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup soy sâuce
- 2 tâblespoons oyster sâuce
- 1/2 teâspoon sesâme oil
- 1 teâspoon gârlic (minced)
- 2 tâblespoons green onions (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
- In â lârge seâlâble contâiner, combine âll the ingredients ând mix well. It will be on the thicker side, but will thin out âs the chicken mârinâtes. Set âside.
- Cut chicken thighs into three equâl pieces.
- Âdd chicken to the mix ând stir to coât well. Cover the contâiner ând let the chicken mârinâte overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerâtor ând stir until âll chicken pieces âre coâted well. Some of the cornstârch mixture mây hâve settled to the bottom, creâting â thick pâste, but just mix it bâck up. *The mixture will be thinner. Just mâke sure you coât eâch piece with the mix before frying.
- Plâce âbout one inch of oil in your pân. Heât oil ând fry pieces till golden brown. Drâin on pâper towels. Serve.
- Full recipe>>@-mypinterventures.com