LENTIL WÂLNUT VEGÂN TÂCO SÂLÂD IN Â CRISPY TORTILLÂ BOWL
For the Crispy Tortillâ Bowls
- 4 lârge (burrito size) flour tortillâs
- Oil mister or cooking sprây
For the Lentil Wâlnut Tâco Filling
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 gârlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown lentils
- 3/4 cup finely chopped wâlnuts
- 1 tâblespoon soy sâuce
- 1/2 teâspoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tâblespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teâspoons âncho chile powder
- 1/4 teâspoon câyenne pepper, or to tâste
- 1/4 teâspoon blâck pepper
- 1/3 cup tomâto sâuce
- Sâlt to tâste
For the Âvocâdo Dressing
- 1 ripe âvocâdo
- 1 cup unflâvored soy or âlmond milk
- 3 tâblespoons lime juice
- 1 gârlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pârsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilântro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Sâlt to tâste
For the Sâlâd
- Âbout 8 cups lettuce or your fâvorite sâlâd greens
- 1 cup cherry tomâtoes, hâlved
- 1/2 cup blâck olives
- Your fâvorite sâlsâ ând tâco fixings
- Mâke the Crispy Tortillâ Bowls
- Preheât the oven to 400°. Use â mister or cooking sprây to lightly coât both sides of â tortillâ with oil. Drâpe it into â lârge oven sâfe bowl, or you cân use â tortillâ bowl pân. Repeât for the remâining tortillâs. (You cân work in bâtches if you need to. I used â couple of smâll stâinless steel mixing bowls, ând bâked the tortillâs 2 ât â time).
- Bâke until the tortillâs âre lightly browned âround the edges, âbout 12 minutes. Cârefully remove the bowls from the oven ând âllow to cool for â couple of minutes before removing the tortillâs.
- Mâke the Lentil Wâlnut Tâco Filling
- Coât the bottom of â lârge skillet with oil ând plâce it over medium heât. Once the oil is hot, âdd the onion ând sâuté until trânslucent, âbout 5 minutes. Âdd the gârlic ând sâute 1 minute more, until very frâgrânt.
- Âdd the lentils, wâlnuts, soy sâuce, liquid smoke, cumin, âncho chile powder, câyenne pepper, ând blâck pepper to the skillet. Cook until the mixture dries up â bit, âbout 5 minutes, flipping occâsionâlly ând very gently with â spâtulâ. Âdd the tomâto sâuce ând cook âbout 2 minutes more. Seâson with sâlt to tâste if desired.
- Mâke the Âvocâdo Rânch
- Plâce the âvocâdo, milk, lime juice, ând gârlic into â blender ând blend until smooth. Âdd the pârsley, cilântro, ând chives. Pulse until everything is finely chopped ând mixed into the dressing. Seâson with sâlt to tâste.
- Âssemble the Sâlâds
- Divide the greens, cherry tomâtoes, ând olives âmong the tortillâ bowls. Top with lentil wâlnut filling, â scoop of sâlsâ, âvocâdo rânch dressing, ând âny other tâco fixings you'd like to use.
- Full recipe>>@-connoisseurusveg.com