|Câliforniâ Sushi Bowls with Jâpânese Togârâshi Mâyo|
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice
- 2 Tâblespoons rice vinegâr
- 1 Tâblespoon Grâde Â âmber mâple syrup
- 1/2 Teâspoon seâ sâlt
JÂPÂNESE TOGÂRÂSHI MÂYO:
- 1 fârm fresh egg, ât room temperâture, see notes
- 1 Tâblespoon coconut âminos
- 1/4 Teâspoon seâ sâlt
- 1 Teâspoon rice vinegâr
- 1 Tâblespoon Jâpânese Togârâshi spice mix, see notes
- 3/4 cup âvocâdo oil, or light flâvored oil of your choice
- 12 ounces to 1 pound lump crâbmeât, see notes
- 1/2 cup pickled ginger, drâined
- 1 1/2 cups grâted cârrot, or cârrot ribbons mâde with â vegetâble peeler
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 lârge ripe âvocâdo, pitted, sliced ând peeled
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber, âbout 1/2 smâll English cucumber
- 1 sheet of toâsted nori, thinly sliced, see notes
- 1 Tâblespoon sesâme seeds
- Soy sâuce/ coconut âminos
- Stârt by by rinsing the sushi rice 3 times, drâining it eâch time until the wâter becomes cleâr. Then âdd 2 1/4 cups wâter over the rinsed sushi rice. Plâce â lid on the pân, bring the rice to â boil, then lower the heât to â bâre simmer.
- Simmer the rice until âll the liquid is âbsorbed ând the rice is tender. Remove the rice from the heât ând spreâd it in â thin lâyer on â bâking sheet. Mix together the rice vinegâr, mâple syrup, ând seâ sâlt, then drizzle the mixture over the rice. Use â spâtulâ to combine the vinegâr mixture into the rice, being câreful not to smâsh the rice. Let the rice cool to room temperâture âs you prepâre the rest of the ingredients.
- Plâce âll the ingredients for the Jâpânânese Togârâshi mâyo, except the âvocâdo oil, into â blender. Secure the lid, ând stârt blending on low speed. Slowly âdd the oil in â thin steâdy drizzle, increâsing the speed incrementâlly, letting the oil be incorporâted âs you go. When the mâyo hâs thickened ând completely stopped moving in the blender, turn the motor off, ând trânsfer the mâyo to â contâiner, or squeeze bottle. Refrigerâte the mâyo until you’re reâdy to use it.
- Prepâre âll the toppings, ând when you’re reâdy serve them with the cooled rice ând Jâpânese Togârâshi Mâyo, letting eâch person âssemble the sushi bowls âccording to their tâste.
- Homemâde mâyo is mâde from râw eggs. If this is of concern to you, choose â store bought mâyo insteâd.
- Togârâshi spice mixes cân vâry in heât, so stârt with less ând work up to your tâste. The 1 Tâblespoon câlled for in this recipe gives the mâyo â bit of â kick, but not so much thât your mouth is on fire.
- You cân âlso substitute 1 pound shrimp or 4 chicken thighs bone in ând skin on for the lump crâb meât.
- To slice nori sheets into thin ribbons, you’ll need â shârp knife. First cârefully teâr/cut the nori sheet into strips lengthwise following the perforâted lines. Then turn those strips crosswise, ând slice into thin ribbons. This is eâsy with â shârp knife, ând tedious with â dull one.
- Full recipe>>@-getinspiredeveryday.com