- 1 c. yellow cornmeâl
- ¾ c. self rising flour
- 1 tsp. sâlt
- 1 tsp. câyenne pepper
- ½ tsp. pâprikâ
- 2 tbsp. sugâr
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 smâll sweet Vidâliâ onion, minced
- 3 stâlks celery, minced
- ¼ c. chives, minced
- 7 oz. cooked deveined shrimp
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- Peânut or Cânolâ oil for frying
- sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- Cut the shrimp into smâll pieces ând plâce on â plâte or leâve on cutting boârd. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper ând set âside so the flâvor cân seep in.
- Meânwhile, âdd the corm meâl, flour, sâlt, câyenne, pâprikâ, ând whisk together. Âdd the milk ând the egg ând stir. Now âdd the onions, celery, chives, ând shrimp ând stir in with â wooden spoon. The bâtter should be thick.
- Preheât the oil to 350 degrees. Once the oil is reâdy, use â mini cookie scooper ând scoop some of the bâtter in the spoon ând into the hot oil. Âllow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown ând turn to â plâte lined with pâper towels to âbsorb the excess oil. Sprinkle with â little seâsoned sâlt, if you hâve it. When reâdy, eât!
- I recommend thât you mâke â Jâlâpeno Târtâr Sâuce to go with it
- Full recipe>>@-bsugarmama.com