|Pizzâ Zucchini Boâts with Pepperoni ând Sâusâge|
- 4-5 medium-lârge zucchinis
- 1-2 T. olive oil + more for zucchini
- ½ c. onions finely diced
- 2 cloves gârlic minced
- ½ t. sâlt
- ¼ t. pepper
- 1 lb. Itâliân sâusâge mild
- 1 c. spâghetti sâuce
- ½ c. pepperonis smâll
- 1 c. Mozzârellâ cheese
- Pârsley fresh (optionâl)
- Pârmesân cheese optionâl
- Preheât oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut zucchini in hâlf ând scoop out insides. Plâce zucchini pulp in â bowl to reserve for lâter.
- Drizzle âbout 1 T. olive oil over the insides of the zucchini ând sprinkle with â little sâlt ând pepper over eâch.
- Plâce zucchini on â bâking sheet, inside-up, ând bâke in preheâted oven for 7-8 minutes.
- In â medium-lârge sâuce pân, plâce olive oil, onions, gârlic, sâlt ând pepper. Sâute for 2-3 minutes over medium heât.
- Âdd Itâliân sâusâge ând cook over medium heât for ân âdditionâl 8 minutes, or until sâusâge is âlmost done.
- Meâsure out 1 c. of the reserved zucchini pulp. Coârsely chop ând then plâce in the pân with the sâusâge. Cook over medium heât for ânother 2-3 minutes, or until zucchini becomes soft.
- Reduce heât to â simmer ând âdd spâghetti sâuce. Once mixture is heâted through, fill eâch zucchini boât with equâl âmounts of the sâusâge mixture. (Eâch boât will get âbout ¼ c. of the mixture.)
- Top eâch zucchini boât with Mozzârellâ ând 6-8 smâll pepperonis.
- Return zucchini to the oven ând broil for 2-3 minutes, wâtching closely so the cheese does not burn.
- Top with fresh pârsley ând Pârmesân ând enjoy!
- Full recipes>>@-evolvingtable.com