|Eâsy Grilled Sâlmon Kebâbs With Homemâde Chimichurri Sâuce|
- 1.5 lb skinless sâlmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 TBSP chili powder
- 1/2 TBSP coriânder
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, or orânge), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pârsley
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegâr
- 4 lârge gârlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh oregâno
- 2 tsp chili flâkes
- Kosher sâlt ând crâcked blâck pepper, to tâste
- 1/2 cup extrâ virgin olive oil
- Plâce the cubed sâlmon in â lârge bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the sâlmon ând sprinkle the cumin, chili powder, ând coriânder on top. Gently toss to coât. I âctuâlly prefer to use my bâre hânds to cârefully toss ând mâssâge the oil ând spices into he sâlmon. When done, cover the bowl ând refrigerâte for âbout ân hour. During this time, you cân mâke your chimichurri. (See below.)
- (Note: if you wânt to mârinâte the vegetâbles âs well, double up on olive oil ând spices ând âdd them to the bowl to mârinâde. This is optionâl.)
- When the hour is up, remove the sâlmon from the fridge ând let it come to room temperâture. (Bringing your fish to room temp helps with ân even cook.)
- In the meântime, cut ând prep your vegetâbles.
- Line the skewers with sâlmon, zucchini, peppers, ând onions. When it comes to the onions, pierce no more thân one or two (if they're thin) ât â time to âvoid â mouthful of râw onion.
- Preheât your grill to medium-high heât. Brush it well ând mâke sure you're working with â very cleân surfâce. (Gunk ând debris will creâte ân uneven surfâce ând câuse your fillets to stick ând teâr.) Next, lube up the grill râck with â pâper towel dipped in cânolâ oil. Working in strokes, repeât this five times, once every 15 seconds or so. This will creâte â nice ând slick surfâce.
- Plâce the kebobs on the grill ând cook, turning occâsionâlly, until the sâlmon is opâque with ân internâl temperâture of 145° F throughout ând vegetâbles âre tender. This should tâke âbout 5-7 minutes.
- When they're done, remove the kebobs ând serve with chimichurri.
- Plâce the ingredients from the pârsley through to the chili flâkes into â blender or food processor. Pulse ând blend until the mixture is smooth, but not puréed. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Trânsfer the mixture to â bowl, ând pour the olive oil over it. Let the mixture stând for âbout 15-20 minutes.
- You cân mâke this recipe âheâd of time ând refrigerâte it over night. If you do, just bring it to room temperâture before serving.
- Full recipes>>@-killingthyme.net