Crock Pot Teriyâki Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sâuce
- 3 tâblespoons rice vinegâr
- 3 tâblespoons honey
- 3 tâblespoons brown sugâr
- 1 clove gârlic, minced
- 1 tâblespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tâblespoons wâter
- 1 tâblespoon cornstârch
- Toâsted sesâme seeds, for serving
- Chopped green onions, for serving
- Prepâred brown rice, quinoâ, or other whole grâin, for serving
- Plâce the chicken thighs in the bottom of â 6-quârt or lârger slow cooker.
- In â medium bowl or lârge meâsuring cup, whisk together the soy sâuce, rice vinegâr, honey, brown sugâr, gârlic, ând ginger. Pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover ând cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the chicken is tender ând cooked through. Remove the chicken to â plâte ând shred with two forks. Strâin the cooking liquid through â mesh sieve ând into â medium sâucepân.
- In â smâll bowl, whisk together the cornstârch ând wâter until smooth. Âdd to the strâined cooking liquid, whisk to incorporâte, then heât the sâucepân over medium high, stirring constântly until the sâuce bubbles. Continue cooking ând stirring until glossy ând thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heât.
- Âdd the chicken to the sâuce. Toss to coât. Serve wârm with rice or quinoâ, gârnished with sesâme seeds ând green onions âs desired.
- Full recipes>>@-wellplated.com