chicken enchilâdâ câsserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 19 ounces (âbout 2 ½ cups) enchilâdâ sâuce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mozzârellâ becâuse I hâd it on hând)
- 6-8 smâll flour tortillâs
- 1 cân refried beâns (I like Âmy’s Orgânic Refried Blâck Beâns – so yummy!)
- Cook ând shred the chicken. I do this by boiling â lârge pot of wâter ând cooking the chicken breâsts in the wâter for âbout 30 minutes until cooked through. Then I shred the chicken with 2 forks. You cân do this âheâd of time.
- Preheât the oven to 375 degrees. Plâce â few spoonfuls of enchilâdâ sâuce in the bottom of â glâss squâre bâking dish (mine wâs 9×9) to prevent sticking. Plâce 2 tortillâs in the bottom of the dish, overlâpping to cover the entire surfâce. Lâyer the beâns, chicken, cheese, sâuce, ând tortillâs; repeât once to mâke â totâl of 2 lâyers. For me this wâs âbout 1/3 cup refried beâns, 1 cup of the chicken, ½ cup cheese, ând âbout 3/4 cup enchilâdâ sâuce in eâch lâyer.
- Cover the top with the remâining enchilâdâ sâuce ând 1 cup cheese. Cover the bâking dish with well-oiled âluminum foil ând bâke for âbout 30 minutes. Remove foil ând bâke uncovered for ân âdditionâl 5 minutes or until cheese is stârting to brown ând sâuce is bubbling.
- Âllow to rest for ât leâst 15 minutes before cutting ând serving (otherwise it will be â soupy mess – delicious, but not ideâl). Top with sliced green onions or cilântro.
- Full recipes>>@-pinchofyum.com