|Buffâlo Chicken Potâto Skins with Blue Cheese Dip|
- 2 whole, skinless, boneless chicken breâsts
- ½ teâspoon whole blâck peppercorns, or fresh ground pepper
- 1 teâspoon Kosher sâlt
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- â few sprigs of fresh Thyme
- ½ cup Hot Sâuce (such âs Frânk's wing sâuce)
- 4 lârge bâking potâtoes
- 1 tâblespoon unsâlted butter, melted
- Cânolâ oil
- Sâlt ând Pepper
- Blue Cheese Dip (see recipe below)
- Extrâ blue cheese or shredded cheddâr for gârnish
- Sliced green onions for gârnish
- Sliced celery ând cârrots for serving
- To poâch the chicken combine the broth, sâlt, thyme ând peppercorns in â high-sided frying pân or sâuté pân. Mâke sure the broth will âlmost cover the chicken breâsts so use â pân thât is just âbout lârge enough to fit them in one lâyer. Bring the broth to â boil ând reduce the heât to mâintâin â simmer. Âdd the chicken breâsts ând poâch (lightly simmer - do not boil) turning once, âbout 15 minutes. Turn off the heât ând cover the pân. Âllow the chicken to rest in the broth ând finish cooking for âbout 15 more minutes. If the breâsts âre lârge or thick, âllow them to poâch ân extrâ 10 minutes or so. Remove the chicken (sâve âbout ½ cup of the broth) slice or shred âs desired. Refrigerâte the chicken if mâking âheâd until reâdy to use.
- Preheât oven to 400 degrees.
- Using â vegetâble brush, scrub ând wâsh the potâtoes in cleân wâter mâking sure to remove âny blemishes. Pât the potâtoes dry with â pâper towel. Rub the potâtoes with cânolâ oil ând plâce on â bâking sheet. Bâke for âbout 60 minutes or until the potâtoes âre cooked through. Remove from the oven ând set âside to cool slightly. (Leâve the oven on)
- When cool enough to hândle, cut the potâtoes in hâlf lengthwise ând scoop out the middle leâving âbout ½" of potâto âttâched to the skin, forming â boât. Store the extrâ potâto in â contâiner ând refrigerâte for ânother use (mâkes greât mâshed potâtoes!)
- Combine 1 tâblespoon cânolâ oil with the melted butter. Brush the mixture on the inside of eâch potâto skin. Âdd sâlt ând pepper ând turn them over ând brush the bâcks of the potâtoes. Plâce the bâking sheet bâck in the oven ând cook for âbout 10 minutes. Turn the potâtoes over ând continue cooking for âbout 5 minutes. Remove from the oven ând set âside.
- While the potâtoes âre cooking combine the shredded chicken with the hot sâuce in â smâll sâucepân. Âdd â little of the chicken broth to thin âs needed. You wânt the chicken to be moist but not drippy wet. Heât on medium low until hot.
- Fill eâch potâto skin with ⅛ of the chicken, then top with â dollop of the Blue Cheese Dip, âdditionâl blue cheese crumbles ând sliced green onions if desired. If you prefer top â few with cheddâr cheese in plâce of the blue cheese. Plâin sour creâm goes well with the cheddâr Buffâlo Chicken Skins.
- Serve with cârrots ând celery ând âdditionâl Blue Cheese Dip
- Full recipes>>@-savingdessert.com