|Vegân Sweet ând Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sloppy Joes|
- 15 oz. cân Tomâto sâuce
- 1 Tbsp. Tomâto pâste
- 1/3 C. Âgâve nectâr
- 2 Tbsp. Âpple cider vinegâr
- 1/4 C. Âpple juice
- 1/2 tsp. Liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp. Molâsses
- 1 Chipotle in âdobo, chopped
- Sâlt ând Pepper to tâste
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 C. Sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Gârlic, chopped
- 2 C. Cooked lentils
- Buns for serving
- In â medium sized sâuce pân, combine the tomâto sâuce, tomâto pâste, âgâve, âpple cider vinegâr, âpple juice, liquid smoke, molâsses ând chopped chipotle.
- Whisk everything together ând heât on medium. Bring to â simmer, seâson with â bit of sâlt ând pepper, reduce heât to low ând simmer for 5-10 minutes while you mâke them lentil mixture.
- Now heât the olive oil in â câst iron skillet or non stick pân on medium high, âdd the onions ând gârlic, cook for âbout 2 minutes or so until the onions âre trânslucent.
- Now âdd the cooked lentils, ând sâute everything together until the lentils âre wârmed through ând the gârlic ând onions âre completely cooked. Seâson with â bit of sâlt ând pepper.
- Now tâste the BBQ sâuce ând âdjust seâsoning. Then âdd the BBQ sâuce to the lentils. I stârted by âdding âbout hâlf of the BBQ sâuce, then â little ât â time until it wâs âs sâucy âs I wânted it. It will thicken âs you cook it âll together.
- Stir ând reduce heât to low, simmer for â minute or so until it thickens â bit, âdding âs much sâuce âs you wânt(I used âlmost âll of it, but it is up to you).
- Now remove from heât, scoop some of the lentils onto â bun. Serve âs is, or top with some vegân coleslâw, or râw onions, or ânything your heârt desires. Serve immediâtely
- Full recipes>>@-rabbitandwolves.com