The Ultimâte BBQ Jâckfruit Pulled Pork Recipe
For the jâckfruit:
- 2 ½ cups young jâckfruit
- For the bârbecue sâuce:
- 2 cups tomâto puree
- ¼ cup âpple cider vinegâr
- ¼ cup pure mâple syrup
- 2 tâblespoons molâsses
- 1 teâspoon seâ sâlt
- 1 teâspoon pâprikâ
- 1 teâspoon onion powder
- ½ teâspoon gârlic powder
- ½ teâspoon chili powder
- ¼ teâspoon cumin
- ¼ teâspoon ground blâck pepper
- ⅛ teâspoon câyenne
- 2 gârlic cloves, minced
- 2 teâspoons olive oil
- Dâsh of liquid smoke
- To mâke the bârbecue sâuce, âdd 2 teâspoons olive oil to â sâucepân ând heât over medium-low. Âdd gârlic ând sâuté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Âdd tomâto puree, âpple cider vinegâr, mâple syrup, molâsses, seâ sâlt, pâprikâ, onion powder, gârlic powder, chili powder, cumin, pepper, ând câyenne. Whisk until well combined.
- Râise heât to high ând bring to â boil.
- Reduce heât to medium-low ând simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drâin ând rinse jâckfruit if using cânned. Plâce jâckfruit on â cutting boârd ând cut out the core. Using your fingers or two forks, shred the jâckfruit into â bowl.
- Âdd bârbecue sâuce to the bowl of jâckfruit ând stir. Stir until jâckfruit is completely coâted.
- Cover ând plâce in the fridge to mârinâte for 1 hour.
- Heât â lârge skillet over medium-high heât. Âdd 1 tâblespoon sâfflower oil. Âdd jâckfruit ând cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heât.
- Serve BBQ jâckfruit pulled pork on â bun with desired toppings
- Full recipes>>@-organicauthority.com