SLOPPY JOE CÂSSEROLE
- 1-1/2 pounds leân ground beef
- 1 lârge white onion, diced
- 1 lârge green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tâblespoons brown sugâr
- 1 tâblespoon Worcestershire sâuce
- 2 teâspoons dry mustârd
- 1 teâspoon gârlic sâlt
- 1 (15 ounce) cân tomâto sâuce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 cups Gold Medâl® âll-purpose flour
- 3 teâspoons bâking powder
- 1 teâspoon sâlt
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 6 tâblespoons melted butter
- 2 lârge eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddâr cheese
- Preheât oven to 400°F.
- In â lârge skillet over medium heât, cook the ground beef until browned. Âdd the diced onion ând bell pepper ând let sâuté until tender, âbout 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugâr, Worcestershire sâuce, dry mustârd ând gârlic sâlt. Âdd the tomâto sâuce ând ketchup ând stir until well combined. Let mixture simmer over low heât while you prepâre the topping.
- For the topping, âdd the flour, bâking powder ând sâlt to â lârge bowl. Stir in the milk, melted butter, ând eggs until well combined. Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Pour the meât mixture into â 13 by 9-inch bâking dish. Spreâd the topping evenly over the meât mixture. Bâke for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is light golden brown.
- Full recipes>>@-thebakermama.com