|Grilled Hâlloumi ând Burst Tomâto Sâlâd With Pesto|
- 1 fresh French baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 8 oz halloumi
- 1/4 cup pesto I like to use homemade
- 1/4 cup torn up fresh basil leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- Materials needed.
- 1 sheet of tinfoil, just over a foot long (enough to be able to create a pouch for the tomatoes)
- Pre-heat your grill to high heat and lightly grease the grates.
- Slather each side of each bread slice with a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Rinse the tomatoes, shake them dry, and set them onto the tin foil. Drizzle a very small bit of olive oil over them and toss to coat. Hit them with some cracked black pepper. (I didn't bother using salt since halloumi is very salty).
- Slice the halloumi into 1/4-inch thick pieces width-wise. Then, place your sliced up bread, tomato packet, and halloumi on a large platter to take to the grill. (Hey, bring yourself a drink too ;) )
- Place the halloumi directly onto the grill, followed by the tomato packet, and the grilled slices of bread. Depending on space, you may need to grill your bread in batches.
- The halloumi and bread slices should only need about 2-3 minutes per side, or until a golden color starts to form. So plan to grill your halloumi and bread slices for 2-3 minutes, then using tongs, carefully flip each slice over and grill for another 2-3 minutes. When done, remove and place on a plate or platter until the tomatoes are done. The tomatoes should only take about 6-8 minutes until the shrivel up and burst. When the tomatoes are done, remove them and bring everything back inside, or to wherever you're preparing your dish.
- Drain any excess oil from the tomatoes, then set them in a large bowl. Transfer the halloumi to a cutting board and cut the halloumi into small 1/2-inch cubes. Place the halloumi into the bowl with the tomatoes. Drizzle some of the pesto over the tomatoes and halloumi and give it a good toss. Use as much or as little pesto as you want. When done tossing, top with fresh basil leaves and serve with crusty bread and your favorite wine
- Full recipes>>@-killingthyme.net/2018