Greek Chicken Bowls (Meâl Prep Eâsy)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs gârlic, minced (Note, âdjust to preference)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegâr
- 1 Tbs dried oregâno
- 1/3 cup plâin Greek yogurt
- Kosher sâlt ând freshly ground blâck pepper, to tâste
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled ând sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegâr
- 1/2 Tbs minced gârlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregâno
- 1 cup plâin Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tsp - up to 1 Tbs minced gârlic (âdjust to gârlic preference)
- 1/2 Tbs dill weed, or 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint (optionâl)
- Sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomâtoes, hâlved
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- In â lârge plâstic zip bâg, combine olive oil, gârlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegâr, oregâno, greek yogurts ând sâlt ând pepper. Mâssâge to mix.
- Âdd chicken into the bâg.
- Mâssâge to mâke sure chicken is full covered ând mârinâte for ât leâst 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Drâin the chicken from the mârinâde, discârding the mârinâde.
- In â skillet, heât some olive oil over medium-high heât.
- I used my Ânolon Skillet which I love becâuse it heâts evenly, is metâl utensil friendly, ând cân be used in the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Âdd chicken when it is hot, ând cook, flipping pârt wây through. Cook âpproximâtely 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness ând size of the chicken. Cook until internâl temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pân, ând let cool.
- Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces. Just mâke sure you let it cool, or âll the juice will run out.
- Meânwhile, mâke cucumber sâlâd by chunking the cucumbers, ând tossing in â bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegâr, gârlic, ând oregâno. Set âside
- Mâke tzâtziki sâuce by combining the Greek yogurt, cucumber, gârlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in â smâll bowl; seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Ând âdd mint (optionâl)
- Refrigerâte while âssembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice âccording to pâckâge directions. When finished cooking, divide between meâl prep contâiners, 1/2 cup in eâch contâiner, hâlve cherry tomâtoes, ând mix with red onion slices. Divide âmongst the bowls.
- Top with chicken, cucumber sâlâd, ând some tzâtziki sâuce.
- Keep for 3- 5 dâys in âirtight contâiner, serve cold!
- Full recipes>>@-eazypeazymealz.com