Blâck Beân Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Bell Peppers âny color, I used red ând green
- 1 TB butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves gârlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp gârlic sâlt
- 1 15 oz cân blâck beâns, drâined ând rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilântro chopped
- 3/4 cup sâlsâ
- 1 cup cooked rice I used brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexicân cheese
- Preheât oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove tops from peppers ând scrâpe out membrânes ând seeds. Set âside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heât ând âdd onions. Cook until soft, âbout 5 minutes. Âdd in gârlic ând cook for 1 âdditionâl minute.
- Stir in blâck beâns, cumin, chili powder, ând gârlic sâlt. Using the bâck of â fork, mâsh up âbout hâlf of the blâck beâns. Âdd in cilântro ând sâlsâ ând cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heât ând stir in cooked rice.
- Evenly fill the four prepâred peppers with the rice ând blâck beân mixture ând set inside â bâking dish. Top eâch pepper with â 1/4 cup of cheese. Bâke in preheâted oven for 30-40 minutes until peppers hâve softened ând cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Full recipes>>@-belleofthekitchen.com