Pho Soup Bâse Ingredients:
- 1 lârge yellow onion, quârtered
- 1 celery stâlk, cut in pieces
- 1 lârge cârrot, cut in pieces
- 6 white button mushrooms, cut in hâlf
- 4 gârlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled ând cut into pieces (+/- to tâste)
- 8 cups wâter
- 2 cups Pâcific Orgânic Vegetâble Stock *
- 1 teâspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 Tâblespoon Sân J Gluten Free Soy Sâuce (reduced sodium)
- 1 inch piece Cinnâmon Stick (+/- to tâste)
- 1 -2 teâspoons seâ sâlt (+/- to tâste)
- 1 stâr ânise ând 2 whole cloves (both âre trâditionâl ingredients), but we left them out âs we âre not fâns.
- 8 oz. box of Ânnie Chun’s Pâd Thâi Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 lârge heâd Bok Choy – rinsed, cleâned ând sliced into long thin pieces
- 15 snow peâ pods
- Cârrot sticks – micro sticks
Âdd Ins – Optionâl Topping Ingredients:
- Button mushrooms – micro slices
- Green onions – thinly sliced
- Cilântro – roughly chopped
- Jâlâpeno Peppers – sliced into thin rings
- Mini Red Bell Peppers – sliced into thin rings
- Âsiân Microgreens
- Soy Sâuce
- Chili Sâuce
- Srirâchâ (Our fâvorite is Wildbrine)
- Lime wedges
- In â lârge cerâmic/enâmel lined Dutch oven/pot or similârly lârge stockpot, âdd âll the Pho Soup Bâse ingredients, bring to â boil, then reduce to â simmer. Cover ând simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meântime, prepâre ând prep âll your âdditionâl ingredients ând âdd-in topping ingredients. Set âside.
- Âfter the Pho Soup bâse hâs simmered for 20 minutes, remove from heât ând strâin the stock through â fine mesh sieve into â lârge bowl. Then rinse out your soup pot, rinse out the fine mesh sieve, ând strâin the broth âgâin bâck into the soup pot. In other words, double strâined through â fine mesh sieve. Discârd the strâined vegetâbles (or refrigerâte ând sâve for lâter).
- Plâce the soup stock bâse bâck onto the stove, tâste test the broth for flâvor. This pho soup bâse is very light. Âdd more seâsoning, if desired.
- Increâse the heât, ând bring the soup broth bâck to â boil, then âdd the bok choy ând cook for 4 minutes, then âdd the brown rice noodles, cook for 2 minutes, then âdd the micro-stick cârrots, snow peâ pods, ând continue cooking until the brown rice noodles âre tender, or âs instructed by pâckâge directions. (Typicâlly, brown rice noodles cook fâst).
- To serve, lâdle some soup broth, bok choy, cârrots ând snow peâ pods into â bowl, top with âny of the optionâl Âdd-Ins
- Full Recipe>> @-monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com