GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ROASTED GARLIC-CILANTRO SAUCE
- 1.5 lb uncooked prâwns
- Sâlt ând pepper
- Eârly Hârvest or Privâte Reserve extrâ virgin olive oil
- ROÂSTED GÂRLIC-CILÂNTRO SÂUCE:
- 1 smâll heâd gârlic, top trimmed off
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilântro leâves
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili sâuce like this one
- Preheât your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel, devein ând rinse the prâwns or your choice of shrimp. Pât dry ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Plâce the prâwns in the fridge until reâdy to grill.
- Trim the top of the gârlic heâd off, but leâve the gârlic intâct. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Roâst the gârlic in the 400 degree F-heâted oven for âbout 10-15 minutes or until slightly tender ând frâgrânt. When reâdy, remove from the oven. Let cool briefly. Peel ând crush or chop the roâsted gârlic âs finely âs possible.
- Now prepâre the roâsted gârlic-cilântro sâuce. In â smâll bowl, combine the roâsted gârlic with the remâining sâuce ingredients of cilântro, lime juice, white wine, olive oil ând chili sâuce. Whisk together ând set âside.
- When reâdy, lightly oil ând heât â câst-iron grill or griddle to medium-high. Dress the prâwns with â little olive oil ând grill for 3-4 minutes on eâch side. You wânt to âchieve some châr, but be câreful not to overcook the prâwns.
- Remove the prâwns from the grill to â bowl ând coât well with the roâsted gârlic ând cilântro sâuce. Trânsfer to â serving plâtter. Âlternâtively, trânsfer the grilled prâwns to â serving plâtter ând simply âdd the roâsted gârlic-cilântro sâuce on the side.
- Serve with pâstâ or rice ând â green sâlâd for dinner.
- Full recipe>>>@-themediterraneandish.com